* 1 c. flour
* 1 c. rolled oats
* 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
* 1/3 c. light brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp. baking powder
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 3/4 c. strawberry jam
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* large bowl
* square (8″ X 8″) pan coated with nonstick spray
* large spoon
* measuring cups and spoons
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
3. Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl, and set it aside.
4. Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. You can use your hands or a spoon. Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan!
5. Using a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam on top of the mixture in the pan. Spread it evenly all over.
6. Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
8. Cut the bars into 12 squares to eat and share