Just one look at this battered piece of Onion perfection and you just want to have it. This is a fantastic version of the The Outback Bloomin’ Onion recipe that you can make at home
The Outback Bloomin’ Onion Ingredients
1/3 c Cornstarch; more if needed
1 1/2 c Flour
2 ts Garlic; mince
2 ts Paprika
1 ts Salt
1 ts Pepper
24 oz Beer
4 Sweet Vidalia Onions
2 c Flour
4 ts Paprika
2 ts Garlic powder
1/2 ts Pepper
1/4 ts Cayenne Creamy chili sauce
1 pt Mayonnaise
1 pt Sour cream
1/2 c Tomato chili sauce
1/2 ts Cayenne
The Outback Bloomin’ Onion Directions
- Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
- Add beer, mix well.
- Cut about 3/4″ off top of onion and peel.
- Cut into onion 12 to 16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
- Remove about 1″ of petals from center of onion.
- Dip onion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking.
- Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
- Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375 to 400~ 1-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over and fry 1-1/2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular
cutter or apple corer. Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne and mix
Creamy Chili Sauce:
Combine mayo, sour cream, chili sauce and cayenne and mix well.