A couple years ago Taco Bell and Kraft Foods got together to produce a line of products – everything from taco kits to salsas and spice mixes – all stamped with the familiar Taco Bell logo and available in supermarkets across the country.
The idea was a winner, and now the Taco Bell line of products is among Kraft’s top sellers. The clone of this mix, made with a combination of common spices and cornstarch, can be kept indefinitely until your brain’s fajita-craving neurons begin firing.
When you’re set to cook, you’ll just need some chicken, a bell pepper, and an onion, and then you simply follow the same instructions that you find on the package of the real thing.
Taco Bell Chicken Fajita Seasoning Ingredients
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Taco Bell Chicken Fajita Seasoning Instructions
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Prepare fajitas using the following ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 lb.), cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons oil
1/3 cup water
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
Prepare the fajitas using the same directions found on the package of the original seasoning mix:
1. COOK and stir chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add TACO BELL Fajita Seasoning Mix, water, green pepper, and onion; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
2. PLACE tortillas on microwavable plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 1 minute.
3. SPOON chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Top as desired with TACO BELL salsa. Roll up tortillas.
Makes 5 servings.