To copy Taco Bell’s most famous burrito at home you first must assemble the meaty foundation of many of the chain’s top selling products: The spiced ground beef. Toss it and seven other tasty ingredients into a large flour tortilla and fold using the same technique as taught to new recruits to the chain. If you like a bit of heat, throw on some of the hot sauce from the Taco Bell Fire Border Sauce clone recipe.
Taco Bell Burrito Supreme recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients into the ground beef.
2. Add the seasoned beef mixture to the water in a skillet over medium heat. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula, and break up the meat as it cooks. Heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. The finished product should be very smooth, somewhat pasty, with no large chunks of beef remaining.
3. Heat up the refried beans in a covered container in the microwave set on high temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
4. Place the flour tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Heat the tortillas for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave on high temperature.
5. Build each burrito by first spreading about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the center of a heated flour tortilla. Spread one-eighth of the meat mixture over the beans, then pour about a tablespoon of the enchilada sauce over the meat.
6. Stir the sour cream well, so that it is smoother, then spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons onto the burrito. Arrange some of the lettuce, cheese, tomato, and onion onto the tortilla, and then you’re ready to roll.
7. Fold the end of the tortilla closest to you over the filling ingredients. Fold either the left or right end over next. Then fold the top edge over the filling. You will be leaving one end of the burrito open and unfolded. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Makes 8 burritos.