If you love baked beans you’ll go nuts over this clone recipe from
the world’s first theme restaurant chain. It’s real easy to make
too, since you just pour all of the ingredients into a covered
casserole dish, stir, and bake for an hour and a half. The only
element that may give you pause is the pulled pork from last week’s
recipe. It’s an effortless addition if you’ve got some of that
pork on hand. If not, just leave that ingredient out. Or you could
add some cooked bacon to the mix. Either way the beans will still
come out awesome as a nosh-worthy side dish or snack.
2 15-ounce cans pinto beans (with liquid)
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded pork (from last week’s recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour entire contents of the can of pinto beans into a casserole
dish (with a lid).
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with the 2 tablespoons
of water. Add this solution to the beans and stir.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the dish, stir well and cover.
5. Bake for 90 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir every 30
minutes. After removing the beans from the oven, let the beans
cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish.