- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium tart cooking apples, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Sara Lee Original Cheesecake, cut into 6 wedges, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Slivered apple for garnish
In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sliced apples; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or just untiltender.
In small bowl, combine maple-flavored syrup, sugar,cornstarch and cinnamon.
Add to apples in skillet. Cook,stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes or until syrup is bubbly and slightly thickened.
Cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat; refrigerate 10 minutes.
Spoon apple mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish with slivered apple.
Makes 6 servings.