Mrs. Fields cookies that are crispy around the edge and chewy in the middle. Be careful not to cook these too long.
I know it becomes tempting to keep cooking these because they don’t seem to be done after 10 minutes, but they will continue to cook for awhile after you take them out of the oven, and when cool, will be nice and chewy.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ twelve-ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf ball-sized dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.
Try these cookies out and see what you think