1 c. onion, chopped
1/2 sweet pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. vegetable oil
3/4 lb. lean ground turkey
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 c. milk
1/2 c. cornmeal
2 tbsp. chili powder
3/4 c. light cheddar cheese, shredded
* measuring cups
* measuring spoons
* knife (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* 2-quart casserole pan
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large skillet, saut? onion, pepper, and garlic in vegetable oil for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add turkey to skillet and cook until browned. Drain excess fat from turkey.
4. Pour tomato sauce, corn, and milk into the skillet.
5. Stir well and heat through.
6. Stir in cornmeal and chili powder.
7. Pour into well-greased 2-quart casserole pan and cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.
9. For the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle cheese over the dish.
10. It’s ready when a knife inserted in center comes out clean