This Outback margarita selection will handily quench,
soothe and ring the bell in your clock tower — just what
the doctor ordered for a hot summer evening fiesta. A mildly
fruity on-the-rocks margarita is powerful ammunition in any
home bartender’s arsenal of party cocktails. I like tequila.
Tequila is my friend. But get to the bottom of too many of
these tasty pink drinks and you’ll feel like a used pinata
in the morning.
1 1/4 ounces Margaritaville gold tequila (1 shot)
3/4 ounce triple sec
3 ounces (approx. 1/3 cup) cup sweet and sour mix
3 ounces (approx. 1/3 cup) cranberry juice
3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
wedge of lime
margarita salt (for rim of glass)
1. If you want salt on the rim of your glass, moisten the rim
of a 16-ounce mug (or glass) and dip it in margarita salt.
2. To make the drink, fill the glass with ice.
3. Add the tequila, triple sec, then some sweet and sour mix
and cranberry juice (in equal amounts — about 1/3 cup each
should do it) to within a half-inch of the top of the glass. Stir.
4. Splash a half shot of Grand Marnier over the top of the drink.
5. Add a wedge of lime and serve with a straw.
Makes 1 serving.