It’s dark, moist and delicious. And it comes in a bread basket
to your table at this French-themed west coast casual restaurant.
Now the tastiest carrot bread ever can be yours to create at home
with a couple of grated carrots, molasses, raisins and chopped
walnuts. You’ll be baking this one in the oven for at least an
hour. That should be enough time to warm up the house and send
amazing smells wafting through every room. Line the carpet with
newspaper to catch the family drool.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Dark, moist carrot bread is a Mimi’s Cafe specialty. Now it’s yours.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in
a large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, molasses, and vanilla
with an electric mixer. Add shredded carrot and mix. Add raisins
and walnuts and mix well by hand.
4. Pour flour mixture into the other ingredients and stir until
5. Pour batter into two ungreased 8-inch loaf pans. Bake for 60
minutes, or until done.
Makes 2 loaves.