Them’s the biscuits served at America’s most popular stop
for breakfast, partners – simple to make and gosh darn tasty.
Get yourself some Bisquick and buttermilk and crank up the
oven for a clone that’s become one very frequent request.
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine, melted and divided
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine the baking mix, buttermilk, sugar, salt, and half of
the melted margarine in a medium bowl. Mix until well blended.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 30
seconds, or until dough becomes elastic.
4. Roll dough to about 3/4-inch thick and punch out biscuits using
a 3-inch cutter. Arrange the punched-out dough on an ungreased
baking sheet, and bake for 10 to12 minutes or until the biscuits
are golden on top and have doubled in height.
5. Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush each one
with a light coating of the remaining melted margarine. Serve warm.
Makes 8 biscuits.