Everyone likes those fluffy floury Kentucky Fried Chicken buns. I think you can eat 5 Kentucky Fried Chicken buns at one sitting without any trouble. Here is a great recipe to make those buns at home
Ingredients for Kentucky Fried Chicken buns
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 quart milk
1 cake yeast
10 to 12 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions for Kentucky Fried Chicken buns
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
\2. Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add potatoes and cream again.
4. In separate pot, heat milk to lukewarm, and dissolve yeast.
5. Pour milk mixture into shortening, sugar and potatoes.
6. Add enough flour (about 4 cups) to make like cake dough consistency.
7. Stir in salt. Cover.
8. Let rise 2 hours, stir in balance of flour (about 6 to 7 cups), baking soda and baking powder to make like biscuit dough–knead.
9. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour, make into rolls.
10. Let rise until double in size.
11. Bake about 15-20 minutes.
Refrigerate Kentucky Fried Chicken buns and use over 5 or 6 days.
Makes 24 rolls.