During the holiday season this particular pancake flavor sells
like…well, you know. It’s one of 16 varieties of pancakes
served at this national casual diner chain. You can make your
own version of these delicious flapjacks with a little canned
pumpkin, some spices and traditional buttermilk pancake ingredients.
Get out the mixer, fire up the stove, track down the syrup.
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with oil cooking
2. Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar, and salt in
a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add dry
ingredients to wet ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.
4. Pour the batter in 1/4 cup portions into the hot pan. Should
form 5-inch circles.
4. When the batter stops bubbling and edges begin to harden,
flip the pancakes. They should be dark brown. This will take
from 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Flip the pancakes and cook other side for the same amount
of time, until dark brown.
Serves 3 to 4