Everyone loves ice cream and this great recipe will have you eating ice cream all summer long. The best way to capture the elusive flavor of summertime. Ben and Jerry prefer small peaches because they have more flavor and less water than the larger ones.
Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
——– ———— ——————————–
2 cup Ripe peaches — finely chopped
1 1/4 c Sugar
1/2 Juice of lemon
2 large Eggs
2 cup Heavy or whipping cream
1 cup Milk
- Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl.
- Return the peaches to the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely, blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add the peach juice and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before if is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Makes 1 generous quart.